The Online Leadership Skills Inventory–Self is a powerful
20-page self-administered and self-scored leadership
evaluation, coaching, learning, and development tool—based on the research and work in our Transforming
Leadership™ book. First, you rate your agreement to 12
critical Transforming Leadership principles. Unless your
participants agree with these leadership principles, don't
invest time and money on their leadership development—their attitude doesn't support the implementation of the Transforming Leadership model.
Proceed to the skills assessment area where you rank
yourself on 60 specific leadership competencies,
segmented into 5 sections each containing 12 skills. Each
section builds on the previous section—so you must be
competent in section 1 skills before you can be proficient
in section 2 skills.
The 5 sections
- Self-Management Skills
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Coaching, Counseling, and Problem-Management Skills
- Consulting Skills for Developing Teams and Organizations
- Organizational Development and Versatility Skills
Use the Professional Development and Planning Section to
outline your next steps and strategies.
Use the LSI–Self to:
- Establish agreement to the 12 Leadership Principles.
- Assess competency in each of the 5 leadership sections.
- Evaluate proficiency in any of the 60 Transforming Leadership Skills.
- Confirm perceptions of your leadership skills as others see you,
using the LSI–Others 360° feedback tool.
- Determine the required professional development.
- Identify required skills for success in any leadership role.
The Leadership Skills Inventory–Self supports anyone
in a leadership or supervisory role to first benchmark, then
outline, specific steps to increase and improve his or her
Online Leadership Skills Inventory–Self
The Online version can be completed 24/7, if you or your
client have an Internet connection. The Online version
automatically calculates and totals your responses to the 12
Transforming Leadership Principles, each of the 5 sections,
and the 60 questions.
The Online LSI–Self includes all the
content of the print-based assessment.
Your results are stored in your very own Individual
Learning Center where you can view, print, or forward
(email) them to anyone at any time. The Online LSI–Self
is a powerful option that enhances any
virtual support, coaching, supervisory,
leadership, or professional development
and/or educational processes.
To view the sample LSI–S, click